Students are expected to attend all classes and all community meetings organized and sponsored by NIITS. A record of class attendance is kept. In case of unavoidable absence, a written permission from NIITS is required. The NIITS Academic Dean is responsible for granting leave to students.
Assessment of each course is by means of class tests, assignments and a final examination. In most cases, written assignments and class tests represent 60% of the final mark, and the final examination the remaining 40%.
If a student fails an exam, any opportunity to retake the new exam will be at the discretion of the Academic Council. An exam retake fee of Rs.500 per paper will be charged from the students.
NIITS follows the international grading system recommended by ATA to assess the learning and progress of the students.
Letter Point Point (Range) %age % (Range) GPA GPA (Range) Work Quality
A+ 9 9.00-10.00 75% 72.01-99.99 4.00 3.76-4.00 Exceptional
A 8 8.00-8.99 70% 67.01-72.00 3.75 3.51-3.75 Exemplary
A- 7 7.00-7.99 65% 62.01-67.00 3.50 3.26-3.50 Excellent
B+ 6 6.00-6.99 60% 57.01-62.00 3.25 3.01-3.25 Commemorative
B 5 5.00-5.99 55% 52.01-57.00 3.00 2.76-3.00 Celebratory
B- 4 4.00-4.99 50% 47.01-52.00 2.75 2.51-2.75 Commendable
C+ 3 3.00-3.99 45% 42.01-47.00 2.50 2.26-2.50 Adequate
C 2 2.00-2.99 40% 37.01-42.00 2.25 2.01-2.25 Acceptable
C- 1 1.00-1.99 35% 35.01-37.01 2.00 2.00-2.00 Passing
F 0 0.00-0.99 <35% 00.00-35.00 <2.00 0.00-1.99 Unacceptable
Degrees are awarded to graduating students at an annual convocation that is usually held on the last Saturday of April each year.
Even though the learning process at NIITS does not encourage unhealthy competition among students, however, NIITS does recognize and honor excellence in all aspects of learning. Hence, the following awards have been designed to encourage students to pursue excellence not only in academics but also in their total preparation to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and His church.
The Bishan Singh Award is given to a male or female student who most exhibited painstaking striving for self-improvement while pursuing the BTh degree. This award is in honor of late Mr. Bishan Singh and comes with a gift from his daughters Mrs. Ameeta Bahadur and Mrs. Vinita S. Bhatia. The award is granted upon the recommendations of the faculty, staff and the Academic Council of NIITS.
The Principal’s Award is given to one male and one female BTh graduating student for overall excellence in academics, Christian life and ministry, a potential of success in ministry and recommendations of the faculty, staff and the Academic Council.
The President’s Award is given to one male or female MDiv graduating student for overall excellence in academics, Christian life and ministry, a potential of success in ministry and recommendations of the faculty, Academic Council and the Managing Committee.
The Sadhu Sundar Singh Award is given to a teacher who has cultivated a heart of ministry, service and hard work into the lives of the students by living a holy and consecrated life and inspired them by setting an example. This award is granted on the recommendation of the students and the Principal of NIITS every year.