Core Curriculum, Library & Other Academic Facilities
BACHELOR OF THEOLOGY (BTh) CORE CURRICULUM AS PER Asia Theological Association (ATA)
- OT Survey: A study of the OT books in their historical setting.
- NT Survey: A study of the NT books in their historical setting.
- Pentateuch: A study of the first five books of the Bible with special emphasis on their theological content.
- OT Prophets: A study of the prophetical movement in Israel and the theology of the prophets.
- Life of Christ: A study of the life and ministry of Christ based on the Gospel of Mark.
- Pauline writings: A survey of Pauline theology with special emphasis on Rom.1-8.
- Biblical interpretation: An introduction to the different kinds of writings in the Bible and the approach to be taken in interpreting them.
Theology and Ethics
- Christian Theology I: Doctrine of revelation, God, Christ, Holy Spirit
- Christian Theology II: Doctrine of Man, Salvation, Church, and eschatology.
- Introduction to Christian Ethics: A survey of contemporary personal and social ethical issues.
History of Christianity
- General History of Christianity: A survey of the worldwide growth of Christianity in the Christian era.
- History of Christianity in India: A survey of the coming to India of Christianity and its spread across the country.
Religions & Society
- Major religions in India: A study of Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
- Contemporary Indian movements: A study of contemporary religious and social movements and trends in the sub-continent and their relevance to the Indian Church.
- Introduction to Mission and Evangelism: Biblical and theological basis for mission, and contemporary trends.
- Principles of Church Growth: An introduction to principles of church planting and church growth.
- Preaching and worship: A study of the principles of Christian worship and preaching.
- Church administration and leadership: A study of the basic principles of management and leadership as related to Christian ministry.
- Pastoral care and counseling: A study of the basic task of a pastor in his oversight and nurture of a congregation.
- Educational ministry in the church: A study of the principles of education and educational psychology as they relate to the ministry of teaching in the church.
- Basic spirituality: A study of the basics of Christian life and discipleship.
- Study methods: A study of the methods and techniques involved in study, research, paper writing, and so on.
NIITS offers a number of elective courses to meet the ATA requirements for the BTh degree by taking into consideration the needs of students, the availability of lecturer, and the current issues and trends in ministry.
The college is in the process of building a quality theological and religious studies library. Students and faculty have access to over 8000 volumes. A recent grant will enable us to add about 2000 more volumes to our collection this year. The library subscribes to a variety of theological and religious studies journals and magazines. Students and faculty are encouraged to make regular use of the library. The library is computerized, and therefore, fully searchable.
Bible Training Center for Pastors/Leaders (BTCP & BTCL)
Recently NIITS and BTCP partnered in their theological education and ministry training missions. NIITS now incorporates all ten BTCP courses and each graduate of NIITS is certified as BTCP or BTCL teacher in addition to earning his/her BTh degree.
The college has spacious and well-equipped classrooms with the necessary audio-visual equipment.
The college has a computer lab for students to do their assignments and online research.
Hostels and Dining Hall
The college has separate, high-quality hostel facilities for men and women. The college also runs dining hall to provide all healthy and nutritional meals to students.
Sports & Recreation
Students are encouraged to participate in sports in their spare time and the college provides the necessary sports equipment.